The side exhaust gas discharge is available for all fuel-fired crucible furnaces. Although the melting performance is not as high as with an exhaust gas discharge over the crucible edge, it provides for better melt quality and, in combination with a bath control, is highly recommended for holding operation.
- High melt quality due to low burn-off and reduced hydrogen inclusions in the melt
- Swing lid-reduction of power consumption up to 50 % during holding with a closed swing lid
- Operator exposed to less heat in the area above the crucible
- Best melt quality if a bath control for precise temperature control is used
- Lower melting performance compared to furnaces with exhaust gas discharge over the crucible edge
- Power consumption during melting around 25 % higher compared to furnaces with exhaust gas discharge over the crucible edge